What is The Fairfield Community Services Foundation?
The Foundation is comprised of a group of committed community volunteers who want to improve the quality of life of children living in low-income areas and seniors in Fairfield, CA.
We provide financial and volunteer support for Fairfield’s parks, recreation activities, the arts and community services. Fun on the Run, a major mission-based program funded by the Foundation, was created to offer support and guidance for Fairfield’s children. The mission of this award winning program remains to provide a free mobile recreation program in a safe place after school and during the summer for children and youth in Fairfield’s low-income neighborhoods where they can participate in a range of recreational and academic activities that promote their health and well being.
Benefits for the community
Through fundraising activities, tax-deductible donations and membership dues, we help children and seniors learn, be active and improve their health, and help make Fairfield a better place to live. The Foundation…
- Supports Fairfield’s seniors – The Foundation prepares dinners at the senior center, and supports senior day care and brain boosters programs which improve the quality of life for seniors, their caregivers and families.
- Helps fight the childhood obesity epidemic by providing kids with daily physical activities – Fun on the Run provides ongoing sports and recreational activities that encourage long-term physical fitness for children and youth. Physically fit children have better memory, concentration, and energy levels.
- Makes a positive impact on children’s lives and their health to help them succeed in the future – Fun on the Run provides fresh, farm-grown fruits and vegetables each week in partnership with the Farm-2-Kids program, and offers bilingual instruction on how to prepare the healthy foods. Introducing children to new foods is helping change the way they eat. They are more inclined to carry their healthy lifestyles into adulthood.
- Helps prevent juvenile delinquency and helps at-risk children make positive lifestyle choices – Fun on the Run provides supervised recreation and educational activities during the critical after school hours of 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. when kids are most likely to get into trouble, and is a safe place to participate in activities that promote health and well-being.
- Strengthens new and existing partnerships with community organizations who serve a similar population – The Foundation collaborates with numerous community partners to expand and improve our programs to serve an expanding group of at risk children and seniors.